360 Stereo Panoramic Player is a runtime plugin to show and interact with 360° panoramic images and videos, supporting both mono and stereo sources. It offers an high-level actor (Panoramic Director), to quickly assemble an interactive panoramic virtual tour without the need to write any code, and a low-level actor (Panoramic Sphere) to allow a complete programmatic customization of the user experience.
The plugin is compatible with all the major platforms: PC desktop, VR (SteamVR, Vive HTC, Oculus, Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, Google Cardboard, etc.), iOS and Android.
With the Panoramic Director you can define, directly in the UE4 Editor UI, a complete panoramic Virtual Tour: import the 360 images and 360 videos, define your custom hotspots, add plenty of interactive widgets to show augmented information and the Panoramic Director will take care of everything at run-time, detecting when the user is interacting with the hotspots and widgets, managing the transition between the Points of Interest, etc.
Thanks to the extensive API, you have always total control of your panoramic experience.
The Panoramic Sphere actor gives you complete access to the panoramic experience: you can programmatically control which panoramic media to display, manage and detect interactions with the panoramic hotspots and widgets, etc. It can display 360 images and 360 videos, in both mono and stereo formats.
Google Cardboard - If developing on mobile, you could be interested also in our plugin UE4 Cardboard VR to add support for Google Cardboard viewers.
- display of 360° panoramic images (mono and stereo);
- playback of 360° panoramic videos (mono and stereo);
- support for Equirectangular projection;
- support for Over-Under stereoscopic layout;
- overlayed UMG widgets for user interaction;
- interactive areas can use pixel-perfect color-coded masks;
- graphics effects for transitions and blending with the 3D environment;
- rendering of 3D objects inside the panoramic sphere;
- high-level actor (Panoramic Director) to quickly assemble a panoramic virtual tour directly in the editor UI;
- low-level actor (Panoramic Sphere) for programmatic and complete access to all the supported features;
- all the features are available from both Blueprints and C++.